Custom Computer Build

awmsn1p3r

Beta member
I am new to custom building, so, for the past couple of days I have been looking at parts to build one. I need to know if all these parts will work together and if there are any cheaper parts that are greater than or equal to the performance listed.

I have listed a link to each part, please take time to visit the links and give me any reccomendations. =)

Ask if you have any questions...

Case $99.99 (after rebates) XCLIO-A380BK
NEWEGG

MotherBoard $219.99 (after rebates) MSI-P7N Diamond
NEWEGG

Processor $194.99 Intel-BX8057E8400
NEWEGG

Power Supply $95.99 XCLIO-X14S4P4
NEWEGG

Video Card $169.99 XFX-PVT88PYSF4
NEWEGG

DVD/CD Drive $37.99 LiteOn-LH-20A1L-06
NEWEGG

Hard Drive $89.99 Western Digital-WD5000AACS
NEWEGG

RAM $114.99 OCZ- OCZ2P10664GK
NEWEGG

Operating System $99.99 Windows XP SP3
NEWEGG

Thanks guys!! All helpful comments are welcome. :)

Good stuff you have there.

Why XP SP3 though? With 4GB of memory, you'd probably be better off getting Vista x64. Plus, you'll be able to run the newest games in DX10.

Thats a kick ass system man, everythings perfect.

But why pay for an OS when you can torrent em? :)

Do you really want SLI support? If you don't then you'd be better off with a P35/X38...

Well I found another motherboard that supported P35 and there was a very large price difference. Is it important to have SLI support? Here is the motherboard w/o SLI support.

^^It is a lot cheaper than the other board. Why?

What is the difference between PCI and PCI 2.0? Are they inter-compatable or no?

The main part of me posting all of this is that I want to know that all the connections will work with each other and that there are enough connections and all the parts will work together.

And as for the operating system...I don't want Windows Vista because of all the nasty errors and such with it! I've personally had 2 computers and it ran my games slower than my other older Celeron computer that had only 512 RAM.

^^I don't know it was just my luck. :rolleyes:

I mainly play FPS games and Direct X10 Support only comes with Windows Vista??? Is there any way I can later have Windows Vista and upgrade to Direct X10 as well?

What is the difference between PCI and PCI 2.0? Are they inter-compatable or no?
Yes, PCI-E 1.0 cards will work with PCI-E 2.0. Current GPUs get no performance increase from running in a PCI-E 1.0 slot.
And as for the operating system...I don't want Windows Vista because of all the nasty errors and such with it! I've personally had 2 computers and it ran my games slower than my other older Celeron computer that had only 512 RAM.
Honestly, I have had no problems with it, and that's saying a lot seeing as I have x64. As long as you have the hardware to run it, then it's worth it. I wouldn't willingly go back to XP and I think there are other people on this forum who would back me up on that.
Well I found another motherboard that supported P35 and there was a very large price difference. Is it important to have SLI support? Here is the motherboard w/o SLI support.

^^It is a lot cheaper than the other board. Why?
Because Nvidia charge a premium for SLI support even though they still can't make chipsets. The 780i has been know to cause data loos when running an overclocked FSB.
The P35 is a great chipset that would still eat anything Nvidia has to offer for breakfast.
Most P35s with two PCI-E slots support Crossfire in 16x + 4x mode but if you do want Crossfire support, go for an X38 or P45 or even AMD's 790FX if an AMD build interests you.

Most P35s with two PCI-E slots support Crossfire in 16x + 4x mode but if you do want Crossfire support, go for an X38 or P45 or even AMD's 790FX if an AMD build interests you.

I am a hardcore Intel user. I've been brought up around then and have never had a problem with them...however, I've had mulitple problems with AMD.

Also, would the motherboard (the cheaper, $89.99) comply with all of the ports that I have listed?

*Cough* Netburst *Cough* Athlon XP, Athlon 64... Just had to get that out to the Intel fanboys.

Also, would the motherboard (the cheaper, $89.99) comply with all of the ports that I have listed?
Yes, but try and get the better made DS3L: Also, would the motherboard (the cheaper, $89.99) comply with all of the ports that I have listed?

Back
Top Bottom