Screen Fading?

My friend just called me. He told me his laptop's screen will randomly fade as in you can barely read what's on. From what I understood, it becomes dark. Like mentioned earlier this occurs at random times. Any ideas of what's going on.

could also be low battery, tell him to plug it into the mains to check, it should brighten up instantly if it is battery.

Well, I'm assuming he thought of that. It's the first thing one would do. But in the worst case, is it possible to fix without taking to professionals?

Well, I'm assuming he thought of that. It's the first thing one would do. But in the worst case, is it possible to fix without taking to professionals?

yeah, not sure if you'd need to buy a whole ned LCD or not though. But you'd have to take apart just about the whole laptop just to get to it, I've taken apart a laptop before and that's how it was anyway.

I had this problem with an older Dell last week. I could have bought an LCD for $350+ on ebay. Instead I happened to find an Acer C2D for $499 after rebate at Office Depot. Its 2x as fast with a much bigger and brighter LCD.

I'll let him decide what to do with it. He just wanted me to figure out where the problem was. I was hinting at an LCD problem, but I wasn't sure. Thank you guys.

Back
Top Bottom