E3110/E8400 OC Thread

You shouldn't be reaching 61°C at stock clocks even with the stock cooler imo.

What vcore are you running??

What is your ambient air temp?

How's your case airflow?

Is your case in a well ventilated position?

Once again, have you checked your stock cooler pushpin mounts to ensure they're correctly engaged??

EDIT: What's the VID of your chip too btw?

You're fine, core temps is what you want. Is that the stock cooler? It seems a little warm, mine stayed under 50 at stock volts.

Np you are using core temps. They are a little high for stock, but they are well within safe. I can't help you on why they are so different. I do not think that is a good thing. I'd be curious to see if one failed way before the other under minor unstability.

Ok. It's on AUTO in bios..so that COULD be why, but I'll go set it at 1.1 and check it all again.

Mine ran at 1.15V in BIOS at stock.

And it's still a no go for the E8400 @ 4GHz with less than 1.4V. I needed 1.4 under load to get Prime95 stable for 2H last night. Increasing NB or FSB voltages had no effect..

Ok. It's on AUTO in bios..so that COULD be why, but I'll go set it at 1.1 and check it all again.

That will be a main contributor, do you have CPUz? You can read vcore with it.

Once again, have you checked your stock cooler pushpin mounts to ensure they're correctly engaged??

Mine ran at 1.15V in BIOS at stock.

And it's still a no go for the E8400 @ 4GHz with less than 1.4V. I needed 1.4 under load to get Prime95 stable for 2H last night. Increasing NB or FSB voltages had no effect..

Bummer mate, 1.4v is the top of the range, any further and you're on the road to electrical migration

:(

WTF? I set it in bios for 1.1V and according to cpu-z right now it's running at 1.213 (BTW I DO have the most current BIOS). Why is this happening?

Here's the new screeny:

Yes, pushpins are fine...but remember people..and I can't stress this enough (no pun intended ;-) )..that I have the original thermal pad that came on the stock HSF on it...I'm sure it's not complete crap, but it's a lot worse than arctic silver. I'll really worry about temps when I get my HSF if they still don't drop....

Mate, where are you looking for your vcore reading??

According to your screenie your vcore is 1.07v which sounds about right given vdrop.

Can you post a screenie of CPUz as well?

EDIT: Regarding the thermal paste, the stock Intel is Shin etsu, a very good TIM

I would suggest to you that the sensor that is reading 30°C is probably close to being correct, you may have only one stuck sensor.

Back
Top Bottom