E3110/E8400 OC Thread

If you reread my other posts, it told me that the sensors are "stuck"...but I think that RealTemp is not ready for these 45nm cpu's because worship is having the same problem. I'll post a screen if you want me to.

Real Temp is the most accurate programme out there at present imo. It's not that Real Temp "is not ready for these 45nm cpu's" it is a sensor problem.

There is a known issue with 45nm sensors sticking

Have you read unclewebbs thread over at xtremesystems forum, perhaps you might understand a little better if you do. it's not the idle temp that the in die sensor is designed to read but the TjMax, when thermal induced cpu clock throttling kicks in so the temp you should be worried about is 100% load.

have you checked your stock cooler pushpin mounts to ensure they're correctly engaged??

So do you think that my ACTUAL PHYSICAL temps are fine?..it's just the sensors that plain suck? Because I have a hard time believing these temps...there's no way. My 6420 didn't even get up to 55C on it's 3.0Ghz overclock with the stock HSF and TIM....IDK...I should've bought a E3110..seems THOSE are doing just fine ;-)

If the sensors on the CPU are stuck, no temperature monitoring program is going to help you.

It's the idle though, you should still get a top of the range reading under load.

So do you think that my ACTUAL PHYSICAL temps are fine?..it's just the sensors that plain suck?
Entirely possible, the sensor won't drop any lower because it is stuck, what are your load temps?

As to the E3110 "doing fine" in this respect, mine wont read lower than 32-33C even at stock (3.0GHz) clocks.

EDIT: The sensor issue isn't covered by Intel as an RMAable defect either as they were never intended to work in this manner.

Um. wow. guys. I feel really stupid. I am reading the wrong temps? Because I'm going off of core temps...Am I supposed to be using dist to TJMax?

Here's the screeny from Orthos at about 8-9 min.

I think I'm overreacting...if it seems that way. :)

BTW: I know ORTHOS has only been on for a bit, but temps seem to have stabilized at what you are seeing on screen..whether or not that's good or not depends on how those temps seem...

Back
Top Bottom