E3110/E8400 OC Thread

Well I was assuming that the only thing you can test sensors with is RealTemp (which I believe worshipme had to be using in order to see that his sensors were stuck)....so I checked mine with RealTemp and it said mine were stuck. But I also use asus probe, speedfan, and everest....all pretty high....but it's ok. I'm just using the stock HSF with the stock TIM...the stocked stuff worked fine on my old 6420 which is why I was ranting..usually things get BETTER, ya know? But I'm getting a new HSF and some Arctic Silver 5 as well....I'll let you know how that's going when I get it.

I honestly think the problem is the new HSF that intel includes. It's TINY. You could probably google for a pic, but it's 1/3 the size of my 6420's stock fan. I'm thinking less fins = more heat. Oh well..like I said really no BIG deal...it'd just be nice to get something good instead of okay when you buy something that is 195 buckaroos.

@ worshipme,

on the P5E3 it was 1.225v (bios), 1.200v idle/load

on the P5K it is currently 1.250v (bios), 1.248v idle, 1.240 load, this is now a work in progress to find the minimum vcore.

@ Cabbs, nice, excellent temperatures, what's your ambient air temp?

@ dude 56013, The reason I asked is because different programmes use different TjMax when reading temps, Real Temp uses Tjmax of 95°C which is now widely accepted as the "more correct" for 45nm cpus, so if your temps were indeed read with Real Temp then you may well have temp issues, if however you are reading temps with the likes of Everest your temps will be elevated by 10°C (see my screenie for the difference)

Also, have you thoroughly inspected your push pin mounts for the cooler, they are notorious for not engaging correctly or even releasing which will give inflated temp readings, last but not least are case airflow and ambient air temps, unless these are comprable (especially ambient air temp) then comparisions are next to useless.

@ Cabbs

Do you have an E8400 or an E3110. CPU-Z reports the processor name as E8400, yet specification is Intel Xeon E3110??? Nice voltages BTW.
He needs to update to the latest version of CPUz.

Caabs your temps are fine. I got my temps down. They were high do to a noob error we won't discuss. lol. What hsf are you running? In realtemp im getting max temps of like 63 @4005Mhz

I'm going to try and contact Intel about it. Worth a try...
If you get a hold of them, let me know!! either post in here or pm me or something...but I wanna know what the deal with that crap is!

Smartpart is using that. He was getting good temps.
Yup, I've read numerous reviews saying that it wins hands down for the money against many other HSF's....props to Cabbs (I hope it was you!!..I don't know off hand!) for recommending it!

Corrected.;)
I just died. If the floor at work wasn't dirty as crap, I would be ROFL. Hehehehe. That was an amazing comeback. Touché.

I'm running a E3110 cooled by a Noctua NH-U9B in push-pull configuration.

Not sure of the exact temperature, but my room is usually 18-22 Celsius.

What's up with your pc clock??

5 months to finish an 8K test

LMAO

Do you think 445MHz FSB is obtainable??

What's up with your pc clock??

5 months to finish an 8K test

LMAO

Haha, you noticed. I reset the BIOS before after doing a pencil mod (which didn't work) just in case I'd shaded too much.
I set the time and date half way through.

Just testing for 4GHz now.

445*9 ???

You got there this time??

Too much haste last attempt maybe??

:)

Good to see you're getting there, what vcore for 4.0GHz this time?

I don't know guys. This is starting to scare me. Everest and RealTemp are saying that core 1 is at 54C!! and my core 2 is at 44C!! Why would there be that much difference?...then I go into speedfan and it says core 1 is at 49 and 2 is at 41. But the actual "CPU" temp reads 40C...what should I go by? the Core temps or the CPU temp?....just remember that I'm using the stock TIM too....and man..I don't know..I hope this baby isn't defective or I'll be PO'd...let me know what you think...Those are pretty much IDLE TEMPS BTW!! I'm just using IE on here right now and that's the readings. Ambient temp is about 69-70F so that's about, what 21C?

Zac

Back
Top Bottom