maybe some bad times for intel/nvidia

Okay now that's totally different...we're talking about Intel chipsets with Intel CPUs.

See there, the blanket statement "Intel chipsets are superior to Nvidia chipsets" is a misnomer as it only applies to Intel CPUs. :rolleyes:

It seems FiringSquad pushed an E8500 to 4.28GHz on an EVGA 790i Ultra motherboard with nothing more than a FSB increase with an OEM Intel cooler.

the 750i?
thats a beginners board
compare the 780i and 790i
im not a fanboy

You can't compare a P35 to a 780i. They're not in the same price league! My P5K would eat any 780i for breakfast.
and where r your facts?
Anyone running a Q6600 over 400 FSB 9x on a 680i?

I don't know of any Intel chipset motherboard that runs an AMD CPU any faster/better than a Nvidia based motherboard.
Tomshardware did a comparison between the 780a and the 790FX. I think you can guess the outcome.

Nvidia can't make chipsets. That's why they want to keep SLI exclusive to their chipsets, because otherwise, nobody would buy an Nvidia motherboard, well maybe esa193... :p

once amd gets their quad's sorted out, ill be moving to amd... ive always been an intel fanboy but its gotten to the point where they're just in it for the money

See there, the blanket statement "Intel chipsets are superior to Nvidia chipsets" is a misnomer as it only applies to Intel CPUs. :rolleyes:

It seems FiringSquad pushed an E8500 to 4.28GHz on an EVGA 790i Ultra motherboard with nothing more than a FSB increase with an OEM Intel cooler.
Now you're just being ridiculous. Of course Intel's products are going to work better together than with one of their competitors.
You can't compare a P35 to a 780i. They're not in the same price league! My P5K would eat any 780i for breakfast.

Anyone running a Q6600 over 400 FSB 9x on a 680i?

Tomshardware did a comparison between the 780a and the 790FX. I think you can guess the outcome.

Nvidia can't make chipsets. That's why they want to keep SLI exclusive to their chipsets, because otherwise, nobody would buy an Nvidia motherboard, well maybe esa193... :p
Thank you...:)

Intel are just being the bully boy who cant get their own way here and threatening n vidia giving them basically no option , i think If N vidia dont want to share then they shouldn't have to intel should try competing fairly with their competition

Oh yeaah and this isnt anything to do with AMD , AMD are outta the picture here its to do with Intel trying to stop N vidia making chipsets for the next line of intel processors just because N vidia wont give out SLI

i wouldn't say intel chipsets r superior

Your sig said:
on the way from new egg
intel core 2 qaud Go, 8800gt,intel x38 board,2g drr3 ram, 320g hard drive, dvd burner, antec 900, logitec 5.1 speakers, 750wat psu, 22in benQ monitor, Zalman 9700, windows vista "Macarthur wrestling 15/5
Why you buying one then if they arent superior

Intel are just being the bully boy who cant get their own way here and threatening n vidia giving them basically no option , i think If N vidia dont want to share then they shouldn't have to intel should try competing fairly with their competition

Oh yeaah and this isnt anything to do with AMD , AMD are outta the picture here its to do with Intel trying to stop N vidia making chipsets for the next line of intel processors just because N vidia wont give out SLI

Why you buying one then if they arent superior

oh snap forgot to change my sig
ive been building and selling systems like crazy for people
very good money

wanted to point this out
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/x48-790i-chipset,1940.htm
look how much the 790i sucks compared to the intel bored =/

Back
Top Bottom