E3110/E8400 OC Thread

6 hours stable, haven't tried longer. Will post an Orthos screenie after I try getting to 4 Ghz.

Edit: I'm at 5 minutes stable for 4005 Mhz at 1.328 idle, 1.312 load, GO GO GO!!!

overclock.jpg

Edit: I'm at 5 minutes stable for 4005 Mhz at 1.328 idle, 1.312 load ....
Nice, you guys with low vcore are lucky, I spent most of the day trying different vcore options but to no avail, 1.3875v (bios), 1.352v (load) is required, end of story.

Probably run it overnight now just as a final check.

Worship, I feel your pain. My sensors are stuck too. I have no clue what that's all about. I wrote my batch number down..I'll find it tomorrow and see what it is. I'm getting a new HSF sometime this week because my temps are outrageous with no OC with the stock intel. Idle is like 40-42C...that's ridiculous on 45nm tech. I thought they were supposed to be "so much better"...pff. You'd just about think it's an AMD by the dang temps. Idk..I'm glad I'm not a heavy OC'er. But I was really pulling for 4.0Ghz because right now I've got my old 6420 at 3.0Ghz!!...ok. enough of my senseless ranting....I'll check back when I get the HSF. I'm getting this btw.

Zac

You guys aren't the only ones that have trouble with things, my Asus Commando wouldn't go past 415 FSB with a BIOS that let me use a 45NM CPU.

1 hour 43 minutes stable, stopped because I needed some COD4 :)

We'll see if it holds up later.

Worship, I feel your pain. My sensors are stuck too. I have no clue what that's all about. I wrote my batch number down..I'll find it tomorrow and see what it is. I'm getting a new HSF sometime this week because my temps are outrageous with no OC with the stock intel. Idle is like 40-42C...that's ridiculous on 45nm tech. I thought they were supposed to be "so much better"...pff.

Zac

What are you reading temps with?

Nice, you guys with low vcore are lucky, I spent most of the day trying different vcore options but to no avail, 1.3875v (bios), 1.352v (load) is required, end of story.
Haha. I need 1.4125V (BIOS). Idle 1.41V, load 1.4V for 4050MHz.
Worship, I feel your pain. My sensors are stuck too. I have no clue what that's all about. I wrote my batch number down..I'll find it tomorrow and see what it is.
I'm going to try and contact Intel about it. Worth a try...
I'll check back when I get the HSF. I'm getting this btw.
Smartpart is using that. He was getting good temps.
You'd just about think it's a P4 by the dang temps.
Corrected.;)

I'm going all through it again.

I started at 400x8 at stock volts. 400x8.5 also at stock volts. I do a quick 10min small FFT in between to check that it is sort of stable. 400x9 needed 1.275V, currently priming. How much does yours need for 3.6 ATF?

I did not need to increase any other voltage for this OC.

Oh, and BTW, I just sold the Q745A for more than I bought it for!

@ Cabbs

Do you have an E8400 or an E3110. CPU-Z reports the processor name as E8400, yet specification is Intel Xeon E3110??? Nice voltages BTW.

Back
Top Bottom