Trouble starting up my computer.

EternalStar

Solid State Member
In order to play games like Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 I needed an Atari Graphics card but ever since I installed it and I did it successfully my computer has not been starting up right. It usually will just stay at the Gateway screen once it starts up and sometimes it will start up. Whats the problem? Does it have anything to do with the new graphics card that I installed? I found it the other night but it helped me and the game is awesome. But sigh, now I have this problem to deal with. Can someone help me who's experienced this before? Thanks!

Make sure all your cables and wires in the case are firmly attached. Also check to see that you didn't accidentally knock loose any other cards or even the memory.

I checked to see if all the wires were attached. Its not the power problem its when it starts up. It freezes at the Gateway screen, black background with white words saying Gateway. Thats where it freezes up or stays for long periods of time. It should start up like a normal computer but noooo. Man, I have so much work to do on that thing. So, its not the power problem. I'm thinking its the graphics card but I hope not. What do you think?;)

I can't update anything until I get access to the internet. We have 4 computers in our house and I just have to be the only one without internet. I have an Atari type graphics card and I'm not sure how long its been in the computer desk's door since I just found it. I'm don't think I need to update the card, I think I have to update the whole computer. The thing is about 5 years old. So I'm sure once I get it updated then everything will work fine. But if I still have issues then I'll post back here. It'll probably be a different post since it may be awhile. Sorry for typing so much! I like to type!;)

I'm not sure what an "Atari type graphics card" is.

It could just simply be a bad video card. Maybe a bad memory chip or something on it causing the computer to not boot completely.

Back
Top Bottom