Best Grunge Band?

zlashed

Baseband Member
I know many people have it set in their minds that Nirvana was the best grunge band, but I flatly disagree. In my eyes Alice in Chains and Soundgarden are both superior to Nirvana. I'm also a big fan of Stone Temple Pilots and Pearl Jam as well. I was just wondering, whom do you guys believe to be the best grunge band? Post back with opinions. Thanks.

zlashed

I personally feel that Nirvana feel away from the grunge feel. STP stayed with the grunge feel for a while until they stared to sound to much like AFI does now. I have like Pearl Jam for a long time. I even like their new album that came out a year or two ago.

Cheers!

I hate debating on who is the "best." Music is a means of self-expression and not a popularity contest. But my favorite band that has a real grunge feel (they are actually more like post-grunge) is Bush.

me coming from the aberdeen washington area i will always be leaning toward nirvana but one cannot pick who is the best because some people like different things. much like some claim i pods are better than zunes but it is all about your personel opinions and stuff like that.
aberdeen is the anus of the world though worse than new Jersey
read the book called absolutly worse places to live in America by Dave Gilmartin to learn more about Aberdeen and it's walmart ans meth labs.

Well this is not about who is BEST, I should rephrase. It is about what band is your PERSONAL favorite. Sorry for that mistake as I myself dislike using "best" and opposed to "personal favorite". Thanks for pointing that out and keep responding.

Personally, I think Nirvana is overhyped. They were good, but not some legendary band. I always thought Pearl Jam was more talented.

my personal music tastes are very mixed i like a lot of genres and nirvana are one of the bands i like i haven't listened to much other grunge so i couldnt honestly compare them to the other bands that have been mentioned in this thread

Back
Top Bottom