maybe some bad times for intel/nvidia

esa193

Fully Optimized
This started out as a rumor today, but Intel has since more-or-less confirmed that licensing discussions between Intel and Nvidia for Intel's next-generation processors are not going well and the resulting conflict could have implications for high-end gaming PCs.
chip design
The story is that Intel and Nvidia are currently negotiating technology licenses for Nehalem, Intel's next-generation desktop CPU due out at the end of this year. As we were told from multiple desktop vendors who wish to remain nameless, Intel wants to license SLI from Nvidia for its Nehalem chipsets, and if Nvidia won't, Intel will withhold the license that would enable Nvidia to support Nehalem's memory controller, and thus Nehalem, on its own chipsets.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-10784_3-9956256-7.html?tag=nefd.riv

i actuly agree with intel on this
i mean they giver out there cpus why wont nvidia give out sli

Because then there will be no reason to buy nVidia motherboards. No matter what you guys say, the Intel chipset is always superior to the corresponding nVidia chipset. The only reason to buy an nVidia board is for SLI.

nVidia is getting screwed either way.

Because then there will be no reason to buy nVidia motherboards. No matter what you guys say, the Intel chipset is always superior to the corresponding nVidia chipset. The only reason to buy an nVidia board is for SLI.

nVidia is getting screwed either way.

i wouldn't say intel chipsets r superior

i wouldn't say intel chipsets r superior

Really? 500 FSB on a 750i? I'd expect you'd top out at around 450. Not to mention they are terrible at handling quad cores. My P35 board which cost less than any Nvidia mobo can do 530 FSB with my E8400 and easily took my Q6600 to 3.6 without increasing the NB voltage or FSB termination.

I wouldn't say that Intel chipsets are superior either. . . :rolleyes:

I don't know of any Intel chipset motherboard that runs an AMD CPU any faster/better than a Nvidia based motherboard.

P.S. I'm not a "fanboy".

the 750i?
thats a beginners board
compare the 780i and 790i
im not a fanboy

I don't know of any Intel chipset motherboard that runs an AMD CPU any faster/better than a Nvidia based motherboard.
Okay now that's totally different...we're talking about Intel chipsets with Intel CPUs.

It's pretty much a fact that if you're not planning on using SLI, an Intel chipset is a better choice.

Back
Top Bottom