Prime95 Help

For reference, this is from another forum I frequent

charteu9tp9.jpg

Overclockers Australia

Mate you've got a golden chip there, treasure it

:D

EDIT: Give 1.3v a go for 4.0GHz, depends on the clocks too what were you using for 4.0GHz? 500*8? 445*9??

Trust me :)

So in my bios I cant set ram voltage, I can only up it by .1, .2, .3, .4, .5, .6
How can I find out what it is running at?

errrrrr, I've never owned a Gigabyte board so I'm not familiar with the bios, third party software like CPUz, Everest? maybe?

I'll try it. Thanks True Folder.

This is what I'm going to bed on. Torture Test=Large FFTs. My temps are getting up there. I'm considering lapping my heatsink. It wasn't very flat. Its Heatpipe Direct Touch. Should I lap it? I'm getting mixed opinions from other places. What the heck though right, 30 bucks.

BED2.jpg

Should I lap it? I'm getting mixed opinions from other places. What the heck though right, 30 bucks.
Mate, I like you, you have the attitude of a true overclocker :D

How is the base looking? Any idea of the heatpipe copper tube wall thickness? Wouldn't want to sand through the tube wall

Have you run a straightedge (razorblade, boxcutter blade etc) from corner to corner? How flat is it?

Yeah, 30 bucks, lol, pffffft

:D

VID=1.0125 stock in cpu-z
Batch=Q806A227
Vcore before I was overclocking was less than 1.0.

Yes!! I have a Q806A batch and a Q745A. Two of the best it seems! If only I had a working board...

How is the base looking? Any idea of the heatpipe copper tube wall thickness? Wouldn't want to sand through the tube wall

Have you run a straightedge (razorblade, boxcutter blade etc) from corner to corner? How flat is it?

My Vendetta's base was relatively flat. I didn't need to sand for very long to get it completely flat. 400 was the lowest I ever went.

I don't think you have to worry about saning through the heatpipes.

Well heres overnight prime95 results. And well... Temps... I want to get more out of this, but should I go any farther until I either lap my hsf, or make sure my sensors aren't incorrect somehow?

Bios Vcore = 1.3125 (cpu-z 1.232) IS that a little more than normal? Its been running about 8.5 hrs.

8hr40.jpg

That is an awesome chip! Do you still have your HSF blowing towards the top? If you do, then while your reseating it, you might as well lap at the same time.

I don't think you can push it much further without better temps.
Bios Vcore = 1.3125 (cpu-z 1.232) IS that a little more than normal? Its been running about 8.5 hrs.
That is quite bad Vdroop, yes. I'll look around to see if I can find a pencil mod for your board. All you need is a soft pencil (I used 2B) and a couple of minutes of your time and you can eliminate the Vdroop on your board.

And if you want to check if your sensors are functioning correctly, return to stock setting or underclock your CPU, and then run the "test sensors" test in Realtemp and see how much movement you get.

Back
Top Bottom