Ubuntu Hardy Heron

Prodigy146

Fully Optimized
I decided to put xbuntu on a small parition of my hard drive (5gb) and i like it alot and i want to make the parition bigger, i have parition magic but how do i do that??

Also my dual boot menu looks like this:
Xbuntu 8.04 generic
Xbuntu 8.04 recovery
Xbuntu 8.04 generic
Xbuntu 8.04 recovery
Windows Pro XP

xbuntu controls the dual boot menu, how do i edit that?

And lastly i cant see my parition in Windows, i think its because i used xbuntu's paritioner. is there anyway of being able to see my xbuntu parition in windows?

Here is what i would recommend that you do. Load into Xubuntu, then open gparted. This is a very user friendly partitioning software. Then you can just choose the partition that you want to enlarge, and then just drag the partition to make it bigger.

As for why your dula boot menu looks like that is becuase, most likely there was a kernel upgrade somewhere, that creates a new generic and recovery partition for ubuntu.

Cheers!

I believe that you can open up grub if you want to edit your boot menu.

mine is the same as yours, i get all them boot options.

but in your bios is a boot section i think or even you can download one and choose which one you want showing but leave it i would say incase a fault on linux then you can't get into recovery because you will not see the boot recovery if you turn it off.

Back
Top Bottom