Need a quality HSF at a good price...any recommendations?

dude_56013

Fully Optimized
Well, I'm getting my new e8400 tomorrow, and I'm eventually planning to OC. I'm pretty sure I'm going to need something better than a stock cooler as most are saying that the 8400's stock intel cooler just sucks, period..even for non-OC cooling. I could probably pick a HSF out myself, but I'm not sure if one that has a fan on top or on the side will benefit me more. Here's the case that I have. The top side fan blows out (exhausting the CPU heat) and the bottom side blows in onto the vid card. I'm thinking I want a straight HSF then?? But I also have a rear exhaust fan, so I could get a side blowing HSF and orient it to blow out of that back on as well. Let me know what you think. Budget is about $30 but if there's a monumental HSF I'm willing to fork out $40 but it the price has to have shipping included! :) I only order from Newegg btw....

Thanks, as I'm sure someone knows more about them than I do!
Zac

Can that be oriented to take advandtage of my side or rear fan? I'm sorry..I'm really bad with HSF's unless they are the stock ones :) That's why I have you guys to come to :) BTW the price is fine on this! Oh and hopefully I wasn't confusing...I don't need overnight shipping or anything..I'll just put the stock one on until I get a new one...

I'm still dumbfounded as to whether a fan that blows straight would or wouldn't work better or as good as one that is on the side, such as this one that you linked to Cabbs. Maybe it doesn't really matter, but I just don't want air blowing every which way in the case :)

It's a tower cooler, so it will make use of your rear or PSU fan. I like to mount my coolers facing the rear, I would rather have the hot air exit the case rather than have to go through the PSU first.

Ok that sounds good. Yes, the more direct route thru the rear would seem to dissipate heat better. I'll do another quick search of my own and if I come up with anything that looks decent I'll post back here for some opinions.

Here's some that I found. Let me know what you think....
I hear EVERYONE talk about this..anygood? Freezer 7

This one's all copper (which is better heat dissipation I believe?) and with rebate it's in price range ZeroTherm

This scythe looks alright too, and would take advantage of the side fan.

Back
Top Bottom