Upgrade Suggestions...

Remeniz

Fully Optimized
As the title says.

I've acquired £300 today and I want to spend it all on my set-up, see my sig.

I would like a CPU, Memory & possibly a new Graphics Card.

I want to play PKR @ high FPS and a dual core CPU. The RAM can wait.

Any suggestions will be considered but I want to order ASAP. I'm watching a few auctions, at the moment, on eBay.

I'm liking the Opteron 165, 175, 185 CPU's but I just don't know about the Graphics Cards.

Thanks.

Here are a couple of options for you to look at:
Motherboard

CPU
Total: 182.98

That is if you are looking to get your AM2+ mobo, and a significantly faster CPU.

Cheers!

He's from the UK mate.

@ Remeniz, If your motherboard has a PCIE slot, then I would suggest just going with a graphics card as you'll be able to add it to your new platform. I just don't think it's worth upgrading a SKT939, especially when you consider how cheap AM2 is.

Wait, I know what you should get! A phase change cooling kit!

^^lol^^

I've actually looked at freezing my set-up to get high OC's. But I want dual core now. Maybe in the summer....

My mobo has a PCIE slot but I just don't want to get the graphics card.

I'm going to see if I can stretch to a new AM2+ platform I think. Scan are out of the 790FX ASUS boards although DFI do some excellent mobo's I could go for.

I was joking about phase change BTW:p , although it would be nice.

DFI do do some great boards, yes, and don't be put off by the small heatsinks on the DFI board, the 790FX doesn't produce a lot of heat. And Foxconn are going to have a 790FX board out soon equipped with SB750 which is supposed to greatly improve K10's OC'ability so AMD says.

:D

Well it looks like i'll have to wait then... even though I don't want too.

If I go all the way then I want a nice 790FX set up. Otherwise i'm gonna just upgrade what I have.

I just want a BenchMark score like yours!

:)

Back
Top Bottom