XP CD Key and Office 2007 CD Key on Imaged Computers

karling07

Daemon Poster
Hi everyone - just bought 10 of the same laptop, all came with XP and office 2007 (separate keys). Theyre all going to have the exact same stuff on them, drivers, etc, so I just want to set up one and then make that the image to put on all the others (then I will have to manually configure only a few things, like users) instead of redoing the whole thing on each computer.

But when I set it up and image, I'm going to need to change the CD key for both XP and Office 2007 on each computer to the one that came with it, otherwise itll be 10 computers running the same XP and office. Is this possible?

Also whats the best way to image, ghost? Linux?

Thanks!

Ghost is awesome for imaging. If your doing XP installs, you can get the image and the ghost program on a single DVD, just pop in a DVD in a computer and image the computer this way. Very damned simple and great, I devised a method how to do this.

Also for CD keys, you can use the same CD keys on a bunch of computers if they are imaged, as you only need to do the activation once (This may not be a legal method of doing it however).

Also you should use sysrep on all the imaged computers so they each have a unique name as well as a unique SID.

magic jelly bean can also change office keys as far as i remember

Back
Top Bottom