fire fox 3

I've been using FF3 for a while. I comes with Ubuntu 8.04. It is actually more stable than FF2.

Yeah, I've noticed that too. Not as laggy with multiple tabs. With Firefox 2 I would usually be using up to 140MB of RAM with just 4 tabs open. :mad:

I'm using it now. The memory usage is much better, I tried opening four tabs to see what would happen and the process is using 44MB RAM which isn't bad at all. FF2 used a lot of RAM when multiple tabs were open. I haven't had much time to play with it but the new interface and better memory management are good signs so far.

I'm using it now. The memory usage is much better, I tried opening four tabs to see what would happen and the process is using 44MB RAM which isn't bad at all. FF2 used a lot of RAM when multiple tabs were open. I haven't had much time to play with it but the new interface and better memory management are good signs so far.

yahoo mail, facebook and four computer forums pages open..

FF3RC1 uses 124,640K mem...

I don't see ANY improvement on memory usage on my system.

I listed the pages so you can see it's not like there are a ton of apps and stuff on the pages running stuff like flash of anything.

yahoo mail, facebook and four computer forums pages open..

FF3RC1 uses 124,640K mem...

I don't see ANY improvement on memory usage on my system.

I listed the pages so you can see it's not like there are a ton of apps and stuff on the pages running stuff like flash of anything.

Really? I noticed that it was using roughly 150MB of RAM with FF2 and with FF3RC1 it went down roughly 60MB with around the same amount of tabs open.

Back
Top Bottom