Card too hot?

laserluke

Baseband Member
Hey whats up---

My 8800 gts 512 (g92) is running about 54 deg Celcius idle. I was wondering if this was normal, which i dont think it is.... Can anyone let me know if this will damage my card or decrease performance?

btw its inside my stock compaq sr2050nx case, which is pretty small, i mean the card just barely fits in there.
Thanks!

My quadro fx 4600 (equivalent workstation card) is idle at 42.5c. Just google and download rivatuner and manually crank the fan up. Just make it basically so its higher then it originally was, but not too friggin loud. 100% is just silly, i keep it at 75.

No problem. Hell, while your there you could even turn up the mhz and whatnot on the card. Pretty cool stuff, dont crank it up too high..

Is it the MSI verison or the EVGA verison of the 8800gts? The EVGA one does alot better job of cooling.

i actually have the pny version... i did what dakxxus said and it seemed to help some.. i dont want to screw with overclocking/mhz as this pc has CRAP cooling. When i build my own rig in a few months im gonna get two 8800gts and overclock them, but right now im gonna avoid that....

thanks guys for your help, this forum is always absolutely amazing in help and im glad i finally joined one instead of scouring google for hours looking for help

Back
Top Bottom