Changing Bios

Prodigy146

Fully Optimized
I have a dell bios and i cant do anything with it, everything is preset all it shows is system information. Even though i have an intel board i cant use Intel active monitor to set my temps because i need to have an intel bios.

is there anyway i can have an intel bios?

Some companies run that kind of bios to keep people out of it.
You might have to push f12 while loading (or something else).
They won't let you flash the bios. Ran into that with Lenovo.
I had to buy a new motherboard and modify the wireing for USB, etc

ahh that sucks.... yeah all i can change really is my boot list but thats it

i shouldve just built my computer

But then, you're a die hard, and you still want to overclock the dell...
Sometimes, dell's are based on boards that appear in the retail channel as well. In even rarer cases, you could flash your bios with that of a retail board. Things you should know about this:
We don't know which dells are based on which boards, nor do we know which of those boards are based on known retail ones. Sometime google knows, so you should ask him.
Flashing will void your warranty. It's a risky business, especially when you are flashing with a bios that was not meant for your board. You risk losing your board, and everything connected to it. Don't do this if you aren't 100% sure that you know what you're doing.
Even if you manage to flash your board to a bios with minimal overclocking options, don't expect to get a big overclock. Dell doesn't buy the über high end parts, they buy the cheap mainstream parts... retail boards not meant to be overclocked.

So if i know my exact motherboard i could technically flash it with an intel bios right?

What your gonna find is that whoever made your board doesn't support it. The sold all rights to dell.

*Dangerous*
What you might find is that there is an exact match just different name that the actual mobo manufacturer makes and supports. If your mobo is old or cheap and this doesn't work you are toast. I'm about to try this with an old hp of mine.

Back
Top Bottom