Car Thread!

I want to drive something like that sometime. A small 6 or 8. Mine is a 4.0L V6 and the horsepower is the same, lol. Although my torque is prolly a lot higher, yours has 1.5L less and it still has the same power. And I bet the gas mileage is a lot better... I get like 15-18mpg... I am going to tune it this summer though.
Whats the throttle response on a smaller engine like that?

Yeah, you'll have more torque. As for gas mileage, it's alright...I get around 20-22MPG even though the OBC keeps telling me I'm getting 18. The throttle response is pretty nice...it's sensitive but not too sensitive. It could be better since the E36 was rather heavy compared to the E30, but it's not bad.

As long as they aren't those cheap chrome APC crap.

LOL! Yeah, I can't stand chrome.

Okay so today in order to get the harman kardon drive and play ipod thing out of my car i had to take apart my dash and under my shifter not my actual shifter but the plastic panel around it and now the paper under the plastic thing that say what gear im moved because i loosened it...to get the final part out of the car every time i shift(Auto tranny) the dang thing under the plastic which says what gear i am in moves moves its annoying

68745818er8.gif

Hang on ill add another image
see under the shifte where it says park and reverse and all that its like a piece of idk plastic that syas what gear im in but it keeps moving around its annoying
83318125qc0.jpg

Also for Audio I have the stock from factory Deck I plug my ipod into this tape that has a wire coming from it and the quality is crap!!!
The sound fades in and out no matter what voulve the ipod or car stereo is

I wonder if a deck will help
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...Id=abcat0302013&type=product&id=1184369165921
and this
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...Id=abcat0307015&type=product&id=1186007991930

That means when you put the gear shift selector plate, you didn't realign the indicator with the gear shift stalk itself so that it'll move around by itself when you're in drive per se.

As for those tape things, generally they shouldn't get static unless the wiring is loosened or the plastic tape read head has dust on it. Usually the dust problem is solvable by just ejecting it, then blowing the dust out just like the old cartridge based consoles of old. :p

If it's like the Focus there's a little trick you can do (assuming that you're just having trouble knowing what gear you are in)

Foot on the brake, pull it out of park to reverse, then you can let go of the button and slide it down until it stops... that's D. If you need to go back into reverse you don't even need to press the button, just slide it up until it stops (neutral), then up one more notch. I never have to look at mine any more to know what gear I'm in, it's very nifty.

If it is just bothering you just because, you just gotta take it apart and put it back together correctly.

When I bring my car into my class today to have new spark plugs and wires and fuel filter im going to mess with the gear shift selector plate? and see what I can do,

As for the audio I reset my ipod and it sounds better through speaker hopefully in my car it will work this time,

Thanks alvino and D lew

If you want to spend the money, I would get a sterio that supports ipod input, it will have better sound than stock as well, and look cooler in your car.

Well I brought the car into my clas to be worked on and i go to take out one of my spark plugs and its completely covered in gas and oil....We did a compression? test on that cylinder and it came back 75 the next one came back 125 the remaining to cylinders compression ration was 100.....Not good....I might need a new engine or new piston rings.... O boy....

Back
Top Bottom