Final Review

alright, another question, intel and nvidia seem to go together alot, since amd = ati, would there be any conflictions with puttin a nvidia card in a amd/ati system?

Honestly, if you're not doing SLI, then go with an Intel chipset. You can get so much more for your money if you just abandon SLI support which shouldn't be a big deciding factor anyway: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131219

alright, so i searched for phenom 9850 vs q9300 and came across this. http://www.pureoverclock.com/story.php?id=1938 and this
http://www.extremetech.com/article2/...2282399,00.asp
Alot of reviews test Phenom with DDR 800 RAM which is an unfair setup as it doesn't take full advantage of the IMC. To see the Phenom's full potential, you need some fast DDR2 and the SB750 will help a lot when it comes out. But for the price, I would still take the Phenom 9850 over the Q6600. I just don't like the Q9300's 7.5 multiplier and the Q9450 only has 8x whereas the Phenom's is unlocked.

And the Gigabyte X38 board is good.

ok, so recently i've found that the q6700 has a 10x multi and that it performs and OC's better than the 9450. that and its 100$ cheaper. Is this true? does the 6700 perform better than the 9450? if so then why is the 9450 more expensive? just b/c it has new 45nm tech?

does the 6700 perform better than the 9450? if so then why is the 9450 more expensive? just b/c it has new 45nm tech?
It doesn't perform better, no. But the fact that you can get the same or better OCs than the Q9450 makes up for it and when it's $100 cheaper I think you know which is the better deal. THe 65nms had some big price drops so that's why they're so cheap. The Q6700's OC potential isn't that much better than the Q6600's so I think that is the quad to go for if not the 9850 BE.

Case : I never liked mid towers... Juts do ur self a favor and get a full tower. You won't regret it. + its more future proof.

MoBo : U DONT NEED! X48 especially if u not going SLI get a P35 or an X38

VGA : Good card, I have the same thing. Very Very soon the new cards from nvedia will be released (I believe sometime in June) so u can ether get a card from EVGA and then just do a step-up or u can wait for a bit longer and just get the beast. But if u not a HARD CORE Crysis gamer 9800GTX is a beats and should be great!!!

PSU : Looks good :)

CPU : hmm well it looks decent. I personally have Q9450 it has 12mb catch and just a notch faster default timing of 2.6Ghz (im sure there is more 2 it) but if u budget is very tight then stick with what u have, if not then spend an extra $100 and get Q9450

RAM : This RAM looks good, I don't know if u like to OC, but if u do, 1066 instead of 800 might be better, just a thought :) (and dont wory about getting a mobo that has 800 standar memory and runing a 1066 memory in it, it will work! thats what i gat)

HDD : Can I just say a VERY nice purchase :) I have 3 of this bad boys and they are great! These suckers have dual platters, which makes them fast! you will love this HDD!!! If u want to take it a step higher, get a 2nd one and do a raid 0! That's what I gat. Dont buy in to the 32mb cache HDD, the WD6400AAKS are still faster! because of the dual platters.

CD drive : Looks good

OS : What ever u do, DONT GET XP 64 bit, I don't know if u know this, but its worse then Vista 32 or 64!!! Vista just has a bad rep man. I personally was an XP user for about 8 years, 2 month ago I switched to Vista Ultimate 64 bit and I love it!!! Just get Vista man, u will be fine!

ps; + rep me if that helped, thanks

Cheers

RAM : This RAM looks good, I don't know if u like to OC, but if u do, 1066 instead of 800 might be better, just a thought :) (and dont wory about getting a mobo that has 800 standar memory and runing a 1066 memory in it, it will work! thats what i gat)

You are still going to have a fun (that was sarcastic btw) time trying to get 1066 to OC if that's the plan. Just stick with 800.

I also personally prefer Seagate drives as the 32MB cache IS faster than 16MB and Seagate also has a much better warranty....

You are still going to have a fun (that was sarcastic btw) time trying to get 1066 to OC if that's the plan. Just stick with 800.

I also personally prefer Seagate drives as the 32MB cache IS faster than 16MB and Seagate also has a much better warranty....

I think what zer0cool means is that with 1066, you can increase the FSB past 400 knowing that your RAM isn't going to hold you back.

Back
Top Bottom