100% or 95% Uptime??

Dave@56

In Runtime
Would you go for a host offering 95% or 100% uptime guarantee?
Though people understand that 100% uptime doesn't exist, the majority would go for 100%. Why is it so???
I guess it's better to go with an honest host who promise you 95%.

Hmm, I disagree, if they promise 100%, you can take them to court if they go down and you lose money.

I was with a host that promised 100%, they went down for two days and cost me approx. $500. I proved this and had them pay me because they promised 100% uptime.

Don't trust the companies that promise 100% uptime. I incline to believe in 99.5% uptime guarantee from Ahosting.biz than 100%. To run a dedicated server isn't an easy thing and from time to time any glitches may occur and it's natural.

Actually when the uptime guarantee is given by the host they exclude the time for scheduled server reboots and usually, so the host informs you before this and you don't consider rebooit time downtime.

But it's possible to benefit from downtime as well, as say ahosting.biz offers to charge the monthly hosting credit
Web Site Availability Credit
95% to 99.4% = 10%
90% to 94.9% = 25%
89.9% or below = 50%
http://www.ahosting.biz/legal/sla.html

Coppa, do you mean that Ahosting.biz provides credits on their services? I can't here you a little bit.

I'd go with the company that guarantee 99.99% uptime. And some companies differentiate and state about that network uptime and server uptime. Usually these values are different.
For example, WebHostGiant.com guarantee 99.99% network uptime and 99.9% server uptime.

You should always check out the hosting provider's terms and conditions because there you will find what is excluded from their uptime guarantee.

I've never seen anyone guarantee 100% uptime.

but I suspect that it is possibly.

95% uptime means that you are agreeing to the risk of technical unavailability for 18.25 days.

100% uptime means that you're agreeing to not loose connectivity.

the thing that you have to remember is that maintenance time is not included in the figures, so, with a 100% availability guarantee they can email ou a week in advance saying that they are performing maintenance and that your system will be unavailable for say an hour.

even though you've paid for 100% uptime, you'll have usually agreed that this excludes agreed uptime.

95% uptime has the same problems.

in the worst case you could have 18.25 days of downtime in a year, as well as maintenance downtime...

just decide how critical your site is to yu really I guess.

I do not think 100% uptime is possible unless the host which offers it is owned by the God...

Back
Top Bottom