Much difference between these resolutions?

Shantei

In Runtime
Will there be a noticeable difference from 1280 x 1024 to 1680 x 1050?

Edit: For gaming purposes really.

as far as details somewhat but not unless you are pushing for benchmarking i keep mine at 800 x 600 to 1280 x 1024 and its really no difference on up, you card way run most new games at thaqt res with a good fps but you can most likely play a good majority at 1280 x 1024.

You will see a drop in performance, but there will be more pixels on the screen, resulting in better image quality.

And for games supporting widescreen, you will have a wider field of view.

You will see a drop in performance, but there will be more pixels on the screen, resulting in better image quality.

And for games supporting widescreen, you will have a wider field of view.

Oh crap, I forgot about games support of widescreen :|

Do many people here have widescreen? If the game doesn't support I'm guessing parts of the monitor will remain unfilled.

Do most games support widescreen?

Thanks for replies so far btw.

It depends entirely on the size of your screen. If 1650x1050 it's native resolution then it will look better.

When I play games on my widescreen and it doesn't support it, it just stretches the game to fit the screen... Depends on the game whether it looks bad or not like that. I usually don't even notice much stretching unless I look for it. I play NFSMW, Test Drive Unlimited, and AOE2. I don't do much in game playing though, so it doesn't effect me much.

Most of today's newer games support wide screen resolutions. The games I've played, HL2, Crysis, FEAR, COD4 and even Overlord have support for my 19" wide screen @ 1440x900.

Back
Top Bottom