Problem: New Graphics Card. No Sound?

Susej23

Beta member
I just bought and installed the ATI Radeon 3650 Over-Clocked Edition. No complaints about the card, it works great. However, now that it is installed I have no audio. Who wants to play games without audio? Not me. I noticed that the card does come with built-in HDMI 5.1 Audio. That's fine but I don't own any HDMI 5.1 Audio speakers, headphones, etc. So I was wondering if anybody could instruct me on just how to switch back to my original computer audio.

I have already reinstalled all drivers for everything pertaining to this problem. I have reinstalled the actual hardware (no disk, pnp speakers. used the device manager and PC Help & Recovery). The hardware (Realtek High Definition Audio) shows up in device manager but "Cannot start. Code: 10". The only audio device that will show up is HDMI 5.1 Audio. The volume for it is working, on the levels it shows the bar going up and down to my music, but no sound is coming from anything. Any help will be appreciated.:)

As far as I can see that is only for setting it TO HDMI Audio.:confused: My problem is when i get to step 5 of that page you linked. HDMI Audio is the ONLY thing on the list. My prior audio, speakers and the like, are no longer in the list. HDMI is currently set as my default with no other options. Thanks for the help though.:)

I should probably also add that my computer runs on the Windows Vista Home Premium OS.

Well, this also did not work. So I decided to just go ahead and upgrade to a better sound card. Works great now and have much better sound quality. Thank you for all your help.

Back
Top Bottom