I need to clarify something

Status
Not open for further replies.

Datalyss1

In Runtime
It has recently come to my attention that some member were offended by my use of the term "STFU". Ok, my version of that term does not mean what people think it mean. Aren't any of you fans of Battlestar Galactica? Ever hear the term frak, as in fictional swear word. Some members have used the term "WTF" before...no one was offended by that. Those posts weren't deleted either. Mine was. Why, why, why ???

because it was offensive to me i shouldnt have to see it i don't really care if it's a term used in a computer game or whatever just because you didnt like what i typed didnt mean you had to type that to me that's why i reported the post and for no other reason.

Matt

It's easy. WTF is not directed at a member, it's simply questioning something. STFU on the otherhand is directed at a member.

Think about it though, who sees STFU and thinks "Shut the frak up"?

Why does this thread exist?

'Cuz he got an infraction for it.

because it was offensive to me i shouldnt have to see it i don't really care if it's a term used in a computer game or whatever just because you didnt like what i typed didnt mean you had to type that to me that's why i reported the post and for no other reason.

Matt

If you can't take a joke, that ain't my problem.

You need to understand that when written, jokes do not always look like jokes. Vocally tone of voice separates jokes from seriousness. When typed, it's all a matter of perspective.

sayin STFU is preppy much sayin what it means to the person ur aiming at, just like celegrom said

if i said WTF in my threds, which i have, and do, tell me this

who am i sayin it to.

no one

so, its not the fact that some1 cant take a joke, its the fact that u where rude and inappropriate

That is the stupidest reasoning I've ever seen.

Well, Celegorm's reasoning is true. That is the only way to explain the difference between WTF and STFU. I don't think telling a mod his reasoning is stupid is going to get you anywhere. You should just drop this. It happened. Get over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom