New Graphics card

ahhh ok ok...I just didn't know what AA stood for...I know what anti-aliasing is! Pff. Sometimes I just don't know about myself..haha.

im sticking with nvidia
Why? The HD 3870 is around the same price as the 9600GT but you will get higher performance with the settings you use plus much better encoding/playback features as well as DX10.1 support which improves DX10's performance so much as proven in Assassin's creed. But of course, Nvidia had to slip Ubisoft some cash since it was making ATI's cards look good.

8800gts will probably outperform your 9600gt for what you do. How much memory does your gts have? if its 320 or 640 then maybe not but if its 512 your good to go.

I got my 8800GTS 512MB on sale so I am not sure if it is still similarly priced but I got mine for like $30 more than a 9600GT. 8800GTS 512MB is my favorite card for price to performance ration.

Why? The HD 3870 is around the same price as the 9600GT but you will get higher performance with the settings you use plus much better encoding/playback features as well as DX10.1 support which improves DX10's performance so much as proven in Assassin's creed. But of course, Nvidia had to slip Ubisoft some cash since it was making ATI's cards look good.

the 9600 gt is a low end the 3870s are high end thats not a fair comparison mate.

Back
Top Bottom