Car guys...

Something you learn when you mod a car... your mods are worth nothing.
In general people don't like to buy cars with them because they assume they have been beat on (which is probably true) and the fact that you can just negotiate them out anyway. I know a guy selling a built Euro Package Focus in rare orange with like $20-something-K in mods and wants like $15K for it or something like that.

Get whatever speaks to you, but learn how to turn a wrench just in case anything happens. It will save you money.

Sister's boyfriend had a Honda Civic SI stolen last year. It had a bunch of mods, some turbo charger kit that he spent a few thousand on... (can't be specific, I'm not a car person..) the insurance company didn't cover any of that stuff at all. They paid what was still owed on the loan and thats it.

My dad told me once that if his truck, a 1995 Ford F150, was in perfect shape, had a new engine, tranny, and had absolutely no problems.. it would still be worth just $5,000.. because it's a 1995 vehicle. Apparently it's only worth at least $5,000 because it it's a 4 wheel drive.
And he told me this a while ago, so for all I know it's worth even less now.

It's all about the money these days... and with these gas prices I don't think I even want a car.

Sometimes insurance will cover mods, but usually it's some dumb clause like you have to provide your receipt... Insurance companies will figure out how to own you the best that they can with anything though, so no surprise there.

Now you are comparing the STI when you were comparing the regular WRX. STI is a another class and a much more expensive car.

Yeah I know the STI is an all around better car but it is more expensive. I was trying to show that the SRT4 is not slow compared to an STI anyways.

yes, it is slow compared to the sti, dont contridict yourself now =D

it can keep up with the regular wrx but the wrx will take it barely

Stop being a fan boy, already showed you that a stage 4 SRT4 is hella quick. And STI's are really meant for the curves since they suffer drivetrain loss at high speeds. But they can jump at the start real quick due to the AWD system. But like I said I still prefer an STI those are awesome cars, but your beating a dead horse comparing that a 30k car is superior to a 16k car lol.

I'd take something like a camaro or mustang over it anyday, but thats just because I am a fan of muscle over small turbo'd engines.

^ Your logic fails with $4 gas, though.
I don't understand how anyone can even contemplate a daily driver muscle car purchase now.

You have quite a point. But I'm used to it. I drive a truck with a 4.0 that gets like 15-17mpg. And I love every second of it!! Until I pulled up to the pump....

Saw a vette in town today, one of those amazing looking stingrays, that was so loud. Proly had like 600+hp. My friend was standing next to me, "1 gallon of gas... 2 gallons... another gallon..." As it drove down the street, and he was proly right, lol.

You have quite a point. But I'm used to it. I drive a truck with a 4.0 that gets like 15-17mpg. And I love every second of it!! Until I pulled up to the pump....

Saw a vette in town today, one of those amazing looking stingrays, that was so loud. Proly had like 600+hp. My friend was standing next to me, "1 gallon of gas... 2 gallons... another gallon..." As it drove down the street, and he was proly right, lol.

Hahah your probably right. Probably cots 10$ to showoff in one of those things. But I gotta say one of the sexiest sounds of cars are V8+Supercharge sounds awesome.

Back
Top Bottom