OMG, Computer is now not turning on :(

jashan17

In Runtime
it isnt turning on.:mad: read my other thread "computer buzzing sound" or something. I took out the mobo to see if the pushpins on the heatsink were properly inserted through the back of the mobo and it was. then i installed the mobo back into the case and now i turn the power on and the mobo leds arent powering on. there is no sign of power, i tried anothre power outlet too, still nothing, could the mobo be fried?

Go through the computer and make sure all wires and connections are firmly and properly attached. There may be a misplaced wire.

are you sure you put the motherboard back on correctly? make sure the back of the mobo isnt touching any loose screws or the mobo tray because it could be a short.

are you sure you put the motherboard back on correctly? make sure the back of the mobo isnt touching any loose screws or the mobo tray because it could be a short.

Thanks, took out the mobo once again, put all the risers back in, now it is turning on :). Another problem, how hot should the heatsink above the cpu(not cpu fan/heatsink, mobo heatsink) in this picture (http://www.legitreviews.com/images/reviews/477/nvidia_680i_lt.jpg)? It feels really hot to the touch, can hold my finger on it for about 3 1/2 seconds. should it be like that? should i be scared to keep the computer on? is there a possibility of it burning? :eek: . Maybe since i only turn it on for like 10 seconds and that is when the pc is at full load (at startup) it should be like that, right? :rolleyes:

If the hs is the one getting hot, that is good. That means the hs is taking the beating not the cpu. Start the computer up and check out the temps in bios on the cpu, and once computer is strated up, use some monitoring programs to check your temps.

If the hs is the one getting hot, that is good. That means the hs is taking the beating not the cpu. Start the computer up and check out the temps in bios on the cpu, and once computer is strated up, use some monitoring programs to check your temps.

Yeah the hs is getting hot, i mean the one on the motherboard, theres two of them and they are both hot. the cpu is at 37c so i shouldnt be worried about the heatsink on the motherboard burning, right? too bad i cant monitor the temp of the heatsinks on the motherboard.

EDIT: Ok people, its still making a really scary sound, like a short circuiting sound, could it be the mobo fan ? would i be safe taking it out the mobo fan power(s) and testing it? its starting to really get scary and annoying. i dont think im going to keep it on for now, im still on the laptop. what should I do?
EDIT 2: it gets louder as it starts up.

are you sure its your motherboard? try unplugging your hard drives and cd drive. also it may be your power supply

are you sure its your motherboard? try unplugging your hard drives and cd drive. also it may be your power supply

yo man, i just exchanged my power supply already. haha, this really sucks.

EDIT: Ok, just tested every single fan, there is still the exact same buzzing. argh... its coming from the corner of that hot heatsink...

Thanks, took out the mobo once again, put all the risers back in, now it is turning on :). Another problem, how hot should the heatsink above the cpu(not cpu fan/heatsink, mobo heatsink) in this picture (http://www.legitreviews.com/images/reviews/477/nvidia_680i_lt.jpg)? It feels really hot to the touch, can hold my finger on it for about 3 1/2 seconds. should it be like that? should i be scared to keep the computer on? is there a possibility of it burning? :eek: . Maybe since i only turn it on for like 10 seconds and that is when the pc is at full load (at startup) it should be like that, right? :rolleyes:

I had the same problem on my first home build

Back
Top Bottom