Disappearing table!?!

MikeDivine

Beta member
OK this is weird. I have a page that when I click on these blank links that I want to add some javascript to, a table to the right disappears. It does this in IE and not in Firefox. It is only when I change the position of that table using

style="position: relative; top: 10px;"

Changing the placement does not affect the disappearing.
The style code is inside the div tag which is outside the table. I also tried putting the code inside the table tag instead. Did not change the disappearing.
I changed the page to not reposition with the style tag. But I left a copy of that page with the problem at this link.

http://www.thecigarashtray.com/wood.html

Remember it only does this to me on IE. Just click on one of the woods and the cigar cradles spot disappears.
Anyone can goto the page and see if you can figure out whats happening. And reply and let me know, that would be great.

Thank you,
Mike Divine

That is indeed weird.

No offense, but I took a look and it was really hard to make out the source as it's pretty messy. It would do wonders to fix bugs if you used external stylesheets and divs instead of tables.

Anyway, the only thing I can think of is that IE is not correctly handling the "position: relative;" property of CSS. The cradle box doesn't disappear because it's still in the source code, so my guess is that it is hiding behind something, perhaps the stone box.

Maybe if you can find a way to avoid position relative when working with a link system like that, then if it works you know where the problem was.

Again, it's hard to be sure since the source is pretty jumbled.

Back
Top Bottom