Computer wont start

Sounds like you need to reinstall the HS on the cpu. The HS and Cpu is prolly not getting a good contact (When that happens, the cpu temp is getting too high, so it shuts itself protect the cpu). Take off the HS, and use some fingernail polish remover to take off the thermal paste off the cpu and HS. Dry it with q-tips or a coffee filter.
What kind of thermal paste are you using?

ArticSilver5 is good to use

go here for instructions http://www.arcticsilver.com/arctic_silver_instructions.htm to install with ArticSilver5

Once you follow instructions, install the HS with the instructions for the HS, and hopefully that does the trick for ya.

hey thanks yeah im not sure what was given to me but i also put on way too much. ill have to clean it up and give it another try.

yeah putting on way too much will do it lol. I'm glad I could help. When you put too much it doesn't have any metal contact to help transfer heat. Well best of luck

I sounds to me as if the HSF is causing the motherboard to short out. Did you have the backplate installed the right way round so that it would not cause anything on the back of the board to short out?

i was wondering about the back plate that came with it. the instructions that came with it didnt even mention using it for the intel setup. but yeah it definatly is shorting out.

seems like the backplate isnt compatible with the mobo i have. i have the evga 780i. i read the instructions over and it doesnt seem to use the backplate for the 775. everything seems to work if the heatsink isnt attached or has 1 screw but if i completely attach it doesnt work.

Back
Top Bottom