I need a laptop recommendation

Well I think I am going to look at the models in person at a big box and decide from there. I see what you mean about memory, Dell wants $50 gig!!

I have an ASUS MB in one of my computers and it seems to be quality and has always worked well. Hopefully their laptops are as good.

I'm looking for a C2D at atleast 2.0Ghz, RAM doesn't matter as that can easily be added much cheaper than buying it with a large amount preinstalled--but preferribly ending up with atleast 2GB, and if you are doing any photo editing you definitely want a dedicated gpu.

You don't need a dedicated graphics card to render 2D graphics.

get a macbook air, they are powerful beasts...

That's way out of his budget.

To the original poster, I'd suggest a HP or Dell XPS notebook. Look for coupons around the net for discounts.

You don't need a dedicated graphics card to render 2D graphics.QUOTE]

I know you don't NEED one, but it has sure helped in my case. Like I said earlier, it was just my "rule of thumb" he can do whatever he pleases, but really the benefits outweigh the losses of haveing a dedicated card over integrated graphics. Plus this way it's a little more future proof just in case he would, on some limb need a graphics card. But you are correct though, I failed to mention you don't NEED a dedicated card.

Zac

I bought this from dell and its wicked hot shit just the desgin, can't explain how nice it is and good, but if you bought one, you will not be let down, its a vostro 1700, my specs are core duo 2 1.4g , 2g ddr2, shitty x3100 intel ingrated graphics card, 120g sata hdd, its got some nice inputs on it.

O and the case at the top and bottom is desgined to get no marks on, which is wicked.

If your heavy with your sdmemory then their is a slot on the right of the laptop, take it out your camara or phone and put it in the side and your on stright away, and aswell it has wireless n

Thanks all for the input. I have read many posts on this forum about requests for opinions, etc. regarding new systems and parts. I also understand that there is a clear line between reality ($$) and the "ideal part".
I lean more toward reality and will likely settle for integrated graphics, which will still allow a nice looking screen, DVD movies, etc. and I can stay within budget. I did find alot of good systems on ebay, but, no warranty. :(
Meanwhile I continue to look.

OK, yesterday I was looking for a laptop recommendation. Wouldn't cha know it today Office Depot has them on sale.

What do you think for $499 after rebates:

Acer Extensa, Centrino C2D 1.83, 3Gig ram, Vista HP

Best of all, I don't have to pay for it until June '09

Back
Top Bottom