BIOS Flash! Need Original Boot Logo for ASUS!

dude_56013

Fully Optimized
Well, I'm going to flash my bios because for some reason, ever since I tried to do the stupid asus "my logo" thing (to change bios logo) it takes forever to get my computer booted up. However, I need to get the original logo back for this flash. However, my thinking is that if I don't select a photo to use it will use a default logo? Can anyone confirm this for me? I'm using Asus Update in Windows XP btw...works like a charm.

Any help?!
Thanks!
Zac

Edit: Also figured I'd mention I've got XP Pro which is 32bit so it's less the 64 bit problems that asusupdate has been having

I'm not sure if this is what your asking, but you can turn the logo off and on from the bios options

If you just do a regular BIOS flash, it will use the original boot-up logo.

You could try disabling the boot logo in the BIOS to see if that speeds it up. I never use them myself as I like to see what's going on during the boot and it seems to take a little extra time to boot when the logo is displayed.

I never use them myself as I like to see what's going on during the boot and it seems to take a little extra time to boot when the logo is displayed.

Exactly. I made a mistake the first time when I choose it and I put a .jpg image in there :eek: ...it's supposed to be .bmp or .gif!! That's probably why it takes forever..and the logo doesn't even show..so I don't know what's going on as well! I'm going to try and flash and just not select a photo and hope it works. I'll let everyone know how it works out....

EDIT: Well I just thought I'd let everyone know that the flash went well and this time I hit "cancel" at the select "my logo" screen during flash and I now have the original splash screen back! Yay!

Back
Top Bottom