Car guys...

Ah, I was originally gonna get an E36, but the one I was looking at got sold. It was a sweet little car though. The only thing holding me back was it was a '95, I'd really rather have something newer. Nothing else in my area unfortunately, they're hard to find.

Nothing wrong with age. If it's in good shape and runs well then it should be fine. Mine's the 1992 model year and it's still running perfectly fine.

Have you heard the SRT-4 has MOPAR stage upgrades for the turbo? Those things are freaking fast when you upgrade it.

This one is freaking fast

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwUlMox5cDM
or this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wA5vuI1FFOM

Yeah, it's alright if you plan to just drag race, but have fun if you decide to take it on a track. That much power with FWD = No No.

Yeah, it's alright if you plan to just drag race, but have fun if you decide to take it on a track. That much power with FWD = No No.

Yeah I know the STI is an all around better car but it is more expensive. I was trying to show that the SRT4 is not slow compared to an STI anyways.

You still need to know what you are doing to make an STI handle. They have a little tendency to understeer. There are a lot of tricks though... if you talk to guys that race them in auto-x you can get a lot of info.

You still need to know what you are doing to make an STI handle. They have a little tendency to understeer. There are a lot of tricks though... if you talk to guys that race them in auto-x you can get a lot of info.

Yeah, AWD still gets a bit of understeer but the traction you get is just awesome. Shame about the drivetrain loss though. :(

AWD cars aren't that great for drag racing. You have to baby it off the line unlike FWD or RWD where you can immediately go on the power. That said, I'd still rather get a used Subaru Impreza WRX. AWD > FWD.

No, they don't. WRX's run mid to high 14's, SRT's run high 13's.
okay well the year i was looking at was 2004 what year were you looking at? its 14.5-6 in wrx and 14.7-8 in srt-4 and for the last time a sti is no where in the same class as a srt-4, srt-4's are in the same class as honda's lol...(nexus) sti runs in low 13's while the srt-4 runs high 14's hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

okay well the year i was looking at was 2004 what year were you looking at? its 14.5-6 in wrx and 14.7-8 in srt-4 and for the last time a sti is no where in the same class as a srt-4, srt-4's are in the same class as honda's lol...(nexus) sti runs in low 13's while the srt-4 runs high 14's hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Now you are comparing the STI when you were comparing the regular WRX. STI is a another class and a much more expensive car.

Back
Top Bottom