Problems setting up Belkin Wireless G USB Adapter

youngpcbuilder

Baseband Member
Hi, some of you might remember me, last posted about a month ago! but anyway today i bought this new adapter for internet to put on my xp desktop, installed fine, didnt find my bt network, uninstalled drivers and used latest up 2 date ones from belin website, same thing. used live chat, they said to look in device manager, it said the device wasnt configured correctly. told me to unistall, restart, reinstall,no surprise still didnt work.

So any of u know how to fix?

Thanks

YoungPCBuilder

did you plug it in before inserting the cd and installing the software if so the way i installed it was i put the cd in and clicked on install and plugged it in when prompted and then restarted the computer and it said that it found wireless networks in range and then i clicked on the connect button and it asked for the wep encryption key which i entered and it connected fine.

Matt

did you plug it in before inserting the cd and installing the software if so the way i installed it was i put the cd in and clicked on install and plugged it in when prompted and then restarted the computer and it said that it found wireless networks in range and then i clicked on the connect button and it asked for the wep encryption key which i entered and it connected fine.

Matt

Same way i done it, does yours have a power led on? mine doesnt come on? is it that i have a faulty one?

yeah it does and mines on.
try another usb port if possible it might be that the port is broken and not the adaptor.

Matt

sorry i couldn't of been of more assistance i am assuming that windows detects it even though device manager says it has a problem?

Matt

Back
Top Bottom