Computer Buzzing Sound, not Fan, not PSU

jashan17

In Runtime
Just got my replacement PSU from Apevia. Computer turns on but is still making a buzzing sound, like zzzzzz, stop, zzz, zz zzzzzzz . Sounds scary. I think it could be the CPU fan but it doesnt seem like it. I dont want to start the comp without a cpu fan so i dont know how to check. Also, my cpu is like downclocked to like 1.6 or something like that when its set at auto fsb, its really awkward.
EDIT: scared of leaving it on, dont know what to do. The bridges (finned things) are really hot and smell some burning in the pc, cpu temp is only 35. Iunno whats wrong. I think the bridges are supposed to be hot right?

anyone? srry im just really impatient right now, i got my new psu after 4 weeks of no computer, really anxious.

You are fine starting up your computer without a fan. Just unplug it for a few seconds and see.

i smell a burning in the pc, its coming from the bridges, is that normal? btw i tried pulling out the fan power and it still buzzzes very slightly, it gets louder when im in the bios .

wait, are the bridges the little things with the fins attached to the motherboard?
EDIT: NVM i mean heatsinks, the heatsinks are really hot.

ok i think its the heatsink that isnt attached to the fan, http://www.legitreviews.com/images/reviews/477/nvidia_680i_lt.jpg (the top right corner one, the one next to where the cpu is , but why would it buzz?

I don't see a fan attached to that heatsink on your mobo so I doubt that's what's vibrating

I don't see a fan attached to that heatsink on your mobo so I doubt that's what's vibrating

exactly, but its making a weird almost burning sound in that area. its not the psu, just got it replaced. the heatsink is heating up a fair bit and the sound seems to get louder as i keep the pc on. i only left it on for around 20 seconds until i turned it off. Should i keep it on?

Are you just now smelling it, or have you smelled it before when it was hooked up before? My guess is just to leave it on, and if it dies, RMA it because something is obviously wrong if it is smelling like it is burning.

im not sure if it was always smelling but now the heatsink is wobbling when i move it. not a good thing..

I noticed you have two threads running on the same topic. Don't be surprised if a mod deletes one.

Back
Top Bottom