XP 32 or 64 bit

killthenakedcat

In Runtime
I have the option of 32 bit or 64 bit windows XP professional....which one should I choose? Comp specs are in Sig and I only use internet, limewire, and play counterstrike pretty much so there shouldn't be any conflicts or w/e. What do you guys think?

Don't Use 64Bit Unless your on 4gis of ram or more

The 64 bit will utilize the more memory, for what your doing use 32bit so you don't have any software problems

For what you'll be using, 32-bit. There's no point in 64-bit for a good portion of PC users.

XP 32 bit as it's completely compatible with all your current software.

There is limited driver and software support for the 64 bit version.

As others have mentioned, if you are staying with only 2-3 GB of RAM stick with XP 32bit, if you have 4 or more gigs of RAM with XP 32bit (or Vista 32bit I'm assuming as well..?) your system will only read about ~3.5GB of the RAM. So if you are doing 4 or more GB of RAM go with a 64bit XP or Vista 64bit. But I'd say you'd be fine with XP...though I'm not too keen on Vista to make that judgement. Plus, XP IS cheaper and is still perfectly fine IMHO.

Zac

32-bit. I have a copy of the 64-bit XP and installed it when I got my new desktop awhile back. I used it with a lot of problems and several reinstalls before I gave up and installed XP 32-bit and it's been running fine since...

Ok i have a 64 bit xp professional os on hand and i wanted to know will my shitty computer run the os with these specs?

Intel p4 630 3.0 ht
1gb ram
intel 945g/gz motherboard

I've had XP Pro running on an old windows 98 platform :)

Foxconn mobo of some sort
PII SLOT ONE CPU!!!
W/ 128MB RAM
6GB HDD

So my guess is yes, it will work.

Back
Top Bottom