** Core 2 Duo....will history repeat itself???

Get a Q6600, 4 gigs of ram and you wont have to upgrade your computer for YEARS.
As nothing if fully utilizing all 4 cores you are future proofing your comp for when there are programs that do.

Nothing is completely future proof, look at the old 8800ULTRAS for 700 and damn they work good but now
Yeah the 9800 is out cheaper and so is the 9600 but spend on something good like a quad or a 8800 and it will last you even tho new things are out

Nero is common software and utilized all cores, as well as Crysis, and many other modern applications and applications under development.

I've got an "old" AMD X2 rig and I'm still happy with it, despite all the naysayers and lack of power compared to C2D and C2Q processors. It still runs some pretty intensive games fairly well and I built this thing 2 years ago. Processing power usually isn't the limiting factor in games anyway, it's your GPU, if that's what you're worried about.

I've got an "old" AMD X2 rig and I'm still happy with it, despite all the naysayers and lack of power compared to C2D and C2Q processors. It still runs some pretty intensive games fairly well and I built this thing 2 years ago. Processing power usually isn't the limiting factor in games anyway, it's your GPU, if that's what you're worried about.

My Point exactly, you spent decent money on that video card and that memory back then when you built that rig and its still good outdated now but works !. When it comes to computers you cant be cheap!

Back
Top Bottom