Good Processor for CoD4?

You will need an AM2 motherboard to run those CPUs. You have skt939?
If you do, you could have a look on Ebay for a 64 X2 skt939 CPU as Newegg don't stock them anymore.

I have the same processor and I have it running at 2304Mhz. It's not that hard to do. But a decent upgrade depending on your Mobo could be an Opteron Dual core or a Socket 939 4800+ X2.

cod4 is really gpu intensive, not cpu. and its REALLY well optimized.

if ur REALLY strapped for money and dont wanna OC, get an AMD X2 5200 or something. if u dont mind OC'ing, get an E2160 and OC it to 3GHz (its easy, tomshardware tells u all about it), keep in mind u'll need a cooler (Which is like $20 off newegg).

and u'll need 2GB. get an 8800GT for ~$180.
and i guarantee u can run it on high very smoothly at 1280x720/1280x1024/1440x900. 1680x1050 and higher u could actually quite possibly still run it on high and get good perf. medium would run very well guaranteed through 1920x1200.

THanks for the suggestions but I'm not very comfortable Overclocking my system. Last time on boot up I got a messed up screen after login. Do you guys think I should get a new MOBO and CPU, overclock my CPU or just buy a different CPU with same socket. Or get a new Vid Card.

I hear lots of people saying they are still doing fine with thier old processors but if your going to be intense gaming you should just update your whole comp. Computer Prices are a lot cheaper, especially the AMD way. you can get a mobo/processor together for less then 200bucks and not to mention ram is liek 60 bukcs then you get liek 20-30 in mail in rebates and if your HD is fine just get a video card, i play cod4, wow, crysis, and age of conan, all maxed except for crysis with my 8800GTOC i had an 8600gt and couldnt play cod4 that well at all. 8800Gt like he said is like 180-220 and well worth it!

Back
Top Bottom