Problem with my laptop screen

novahifi

Baseband Member
This morning I noticed a thin pink vertical stripe had appeared near the left hand side of my screen that bisects the entire screen and does not disappear whatever else is on the screen. Could this be the work of a virus or some physical damage to my laptop or something going wrong with pixels?

Thanks.

If possible, can you connect your laptop to another monitor around your house?

If you do this and the vertical line is still there, then it could very well be a video card problem.

If the line doesn't appear on the 2nd monitor, then your laptop screen might need to be replaced.

Chris

Hmm... I've never heard of that many pixels screwing up at the same time.

Can you try the monitor test or is that out of the question? I think that would be your best bet in this situation.

that's definitely out of the boundaries of a simple coincidence. If it appears when you power up your computer and the bios flash, it's most likely a screen issue.

So is a screen problem on a laptop something wrong with the actual plastic material the screen is made of?? In replacing the screen do repair personnel just take that out and put in a new one, or is it more complicated??

You'll have to order a new LCD screen for the laptop itself, and the repair shop will basically replace that part for you.

You can actually find a ton of LCD screens on eBay if you search for your model laptop. It depends on what route you want to take.

I highly suggest testing it with another monitor first.

haha, your monitor is made up of a bit more than "plastic stuff," but in your case, if the screen is broken, what will happen is a total replacement. They'll completely detach the entire screen and replace it with a entirely new one. Not much you can do otherwise if it's a broken screen. It may be an issue with the wiring to the screen, but I woudn't be able to tell you how likely or easy to fix that would be.

Well I kind of let it slide and now there are hundreds of vertical coloured lines all across the screen. The IT help guy at work states that it is because my toshiba drivers need updating. I have visited their website and tried to download some, but they appear to make no difference or else I don't know how to install them, they are not as straightforward as they should be.

Well I kind of let it slide and now there are hundreds of vertical coloured lines all across the screen. The IT help guy at work states that it is because my toshiba drivers need updating. I have visited their website and tried to download some, but they appear to make no difference or else I don't know how to install them, they are not as straightforward as they should be.

Just connect it to another monitor... then determine your problem from there. How hard is that? Customer support anywhere is usually fail.

Back
Top Bottom