Starting over

Vasiliy

Beta member
i was wondering how can i wipe all the information on my harddrive and start over. i have windows vista 32bit. i was told i need to make a boot disc but i was also told i can boot from my vista disc. i also seen a video saying to wipe a harddrive i need to use a wiping program something like Driks boot and nuke. can someone please help. thanks

If all your doing is re-formatting windows for your own use you do not need anything other than your vista disk. Boot off of that, format your hard drive (which deletes everything) and windows will then start to install after a next button or two.

i didnt see an option for reformating. there was two way to boot fropm the disk the first was on the screen that had a few F_ keys F12 to boot, that would open the windows intallation but nothing about reformating. the other was saying boot from DVD or CD press any key which open these options.

windows set up [ems enable]
f8 for advance options

windows memory dianostic

if i hit the f8 it wou;d give me these options

safe mode
safe mode with networking
safe mode command prompt

enable boot logging
enable low-resolution
last known good config(advance)
directory service restore mode
debugging mode
disable automatic restart on system falure
disable driver signature enforcement

please help

What you want to do is hit F12, this will open the boot loader. This shows all the drives, hdd's, cd/dvd, floppy, external hdd's, and any others that you have connected. Then you will want to go down to the drive that has the install disk in it and hit enter. This will start that drive first instead of first partition of the hdd that has the os on it.

Cheers!

i pressed F12 and it brought me to that list with all my stuff. i picked my P1-TSSTcorp CDD that has the disk in it but it just normally boots up windows. i tryed it again but when it loads and says press anykey to boot CD or DVD i hit a key and it said loading files and brought up the Install windows option. nothing about partitioning or formating. if i cant get it to work can i use that link of the wipe hard drive program?

You can delete and format the partition as part of the windows install. You need to go farther in the process to get there. Btw, I would only use that if you plan to reinstall windows. You were in the right spot, you just didn't go far enough.

Back
Top Bottom