How to find VID

Smartpart

In Runtime
So people are always talking about their VID's. I just got a new E3110, or just built a new system for that matter. Just wondering what my vid is. I got cpu-z and here is the first page...

cpu-zStock.jpg

Core Temp or Real Temp Mate.

EDIT: can you tell me your batch # please (it's on the side of the Intel box)

Post up your new system specs too please.

What are your temps at idle at stock? nice low voltage reported there ;)

pcwizhome.jpg

pcwiztemps.jpg

I went to BIOS right after those screenshots, and it read 38*.

I put the comp in the space in my desk. It isn't much bigger than the case. Is that bad for airflow?

Heck Vista is worth it for snipping tool :)

vgaclock.jpg

What do I have to do to oc graphics card besides slide those sliders and apply? Also what is D.O.T. (Dynamic Overclocking Technology) All I can tell is its an MSI program that ocs while your playing your game... er using your gpu under alot of load

never seen the MSI software before, I believe it is just a set of preset overclocks that you can choose.

Slide the sliders and run a benchmark, it's trial and error really until you find a stable overclock. Nice card btw :D

Those cpu temps are incorrect, you need Real Temp or Core temp (Core Temp will need to be calibrated to use TjMax of 95°C)

EDIT: Yesssss, those little cubbyholes in desks are notoriously bad for air flow, I've even seen people cut out holes and mount 120mm fans to exhaust the hot air from them.

top right corner of Real Temp (next to the 2000MHz in that screenie), click that button until it displays VID

Can you also run the sensor test please. I'm interested to know what range of movement you get, I only get three on my E3110, stuck sensors :(

EDIT: Dunno if you've read this but it is worth reading for people with 45nm cpus

-----> Read Me <-----

VID = 1.0125 Any good?

sensor movement: core0 = 8 | core1 = 7

Can't read that link now... so dunno if i need to.

Low VID, by all rights that chip should be a good overclocker at relatively low vcore, good sensor movement too so your temps reported are fairly accurate at idle and should be spot on under load.

Looks like you got a cherry chip there mate, good on you (I'm envious :D)

The link is to the documentation for Real temp, it gives you a basic run down on temp reporting with 45nm cpus

EDIT: see in this pic how the lower vid cpu's clock well with low vcore

45nmpf7.jpg

Well lucky me. I'm not usually lucky so I deserve this. :) How do those idle temps sound?

Slightly elevated, it could be several things, case location (I detest those cubby holes ;)), case air flow or Real Temp idle calibration (that was why I linked that article in the previous post)

Back
Top Bottom