unable to boot vista after xp/vista dual boot install..HELP

RageWarp

Solid State Member
Alright, my friend got her toshiba satellite laptop(not sure of the model number) and the wireless internet wasnt working so i decided to throw xp on a 10-15gb partition that was already on the HD, So i did so and all is well but she just recently got a new wireless router and she wants vista back on. When im on XP the partition with vista shows up in my computer but when i reboot the computer the option for me to chose between vista and xp doesnt come up, goes straight to xp.

Anyone know how i can get back to the vista OS??

Much appreciated,
Rage

Sounds like you've installed XP on the Vista partition, use the Recovery disks to return the pc to its original state (hoprfully it will work)

Back everything up as this will delete all her personnal data.

i dont think i installed over the partiton because all the files are still accessible while on XP, and when i installed xp there was an empty partition and one that was being used(the one with vista i assumed) so i installed onto that one. its just that i dont have the option to boot vista on start up

my personal experience is that it works better if you install XP first and then install Vista, the other way around seems to be much more complicated and I'm a lazy guy...

Yep, that is the recommended metod, oldest OS first.

@OP, there was a couple of articles on the net that had work arounds for installing XP second, I don't have links but a Google search should bring them up

Back
Top Bottom