need help

JORYLEE76

Baseband Member
Im having problems downloading xp service pack 3. I've tried several time to download the update but have failed everytime. can anyone out there help me. PLEASE.......:confused:

i have yahoo chat if that will help.

JL

Where are you d/loading from?

What is your internet conection/speed?

EDIT: Which way are you trying to d/load? Windows update or download centre??

first of all, ur sig can only be five lines long and then are u downloading from microsoft?

yes I will fix my sig.

yes i am doing the microsoft auto check and then down load update. I get about half way through the update and then it does some weird stuff... stops the down load.. says i cant continue and does the "undo" thing for the down load then tells me i need to restart the pc.

:confused: :eek: :mad: This happens every time.

Where are you d/loading from?

What is your internet conection/speed?

EDIT: Which way are you trying to d/load? Windows update or download centre??

i am downloading from the official microsoft download site. and i have a solid cable connection speed. its a smooth and fluid download. it just wont let me get all the way through the down load.

:confused: :eek: :mad:

I assume you mean through Microsoft update.

Have you tried d/loading it from the Download Centre then running the .exe?

and then it does some weird stuff...
could you be a bit more specific? error message at all? define weird stuff??

Is your Windows installation legit?

I assume you mean through Microsoft update.

Have you tried d/loading it from the Download Centre then running the .exe?

could you be a bit more specific? error message at all? define weird stuff??

Is your Windows installation legit?

no i haven't. ill see if i can figure that out and go from there :confused:

D/load from Atomic Roosters link and see what happens

Also from the SP3 release notes, though it may not be applicable as I see you state you have SP2 installed

Windows XP Media Center Edition
This issue affects Windows XP Media Center Edition 2002.

If you install Windows XP SP3 on a computer running Windows XP Media Center Edition 2002 with SP1, Windows XP Media Center Edition may malfunction.

To avoid this, install Windows XP SP2 before you install Windows XP SP3.

If this issue has already occurred, uninstall Windows XP SP3, install Windows XP SP2, and then reinstall Windows XP SP3.

SOURCE

D/load from Atomic Roosters link and see what happens

Also from the SP3 release notes, though it may not be applicable as I see you state you have SP2 installed

SOURCE

ok i tried downloading the xp sp3 .exe and that didnt work either. it said access denied. and now its doing the software update remoal wizard thing. I just dont get it. this whole thing is killing me. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Back
Top Bottom