Whats that program?

_-..zKiLLA..-_

Fully Optimized
that u guys use for stressing and stability testing CPU's? i finally got an aftermarket cpu cooler and wanna start OCing.

Personally I think Orthos is easier to use. OCCT didn't catch errors that P95 and Orthos did. Memtest is also a really good one too.

no worries, when you open it the first time don't select Join Gimps, select torture test only

Small FFTs to test cpu
Blend to test both cpu and memory

He's going to have to run two instances of Prime95, since it is a dual core CPU.

Personally I think Orthos is easier to use. OCCT didn't catch errors that P95 and Orthos did. Memtest is also a really good one too.
Yeah, it's a matter of choice really, i went to prime because when I was using orthos i had a quad, in those days (dunno if it has changed though) you had to run two instances and set the core affinity in Task manager so it would stress all for cores whereas Prime95 from v25.5 onward has been optimised to do it automatically, I never went back to Orthos after that.

memtest is good for finding faulty sticks but i don't think I could be bothered booting to it to test a memory oc tbh

He's going to have to run two instances of Prime95, since it is a dual core CPU.
I don't believe that will be the case it should load both to 100%. from 25.5 onward it has been optimised for multi cpu's

_-..zKiLLA..-_ can let us know either way

I guess I was pre-25.5, then, I had to run two instances then. I use memtest if I get BSOD's and I'm trying to find out specifically what it is.

Back
Top Bottom