Help with my Toshiba

anubis325

Beta member
Hey guys i just recently bought a Toshiba M115-S3094 pretty good computer for the price. I bought it used and it was working pretty damn good until one day i turned it on and it was taking a little longer than normal to boot up. The this message came out. The Following file is missing or corrupt(/windows/system32/config/system) it says to use the setup cd-rom that the computer came with to fix it but i don not have the disc i know you can download it from somewhere but not sure which exactly to download, can someone please let me know what i can or if they have a link for the correct download. Thanks

You were supposed to create a backup disk using the utility that came with your Toshiba. Is there another partition located on your computer?

That's right. Most manufacturers don't include a disk anymore. They instead include a recovery partition on your hard drive that has the contents needed for re installation. They expect the consumer to burn their own disks using the recovery partition.

Call Toshiba for a pair of recovery disks.

how much do you think these recovery disks cost? plus if i call them im pretty sure the warranty is up and theyll probably charge me the 30 bucks for service

They'll probably only bill you for shipping costs...if you could sweet talk them.

Back
Top Bottom