Have a question about a Mac on a PC

jasonbourne

Baseband Member
Was wondering if there is a way to run a Mac operating system on a PC? The primary reason for me to see if this can be done is so I can try and learn Final Cut Pro which can only be installed on a Macintosh system. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Yes it's possible, however apple designs their operating system to make this a bit hard, however theirs "hacked" versions out their. What are the specs on your PC?

i also had this question. i asked a few people i knew, that know a lot about macs and their setup, and appearntly with the newer versions of OS X for Mac its possible. This is because now Mac's are being built with Intel Processors, so it therefore is possible.
It is a difficult process like mentioned above, but ofcourse...anything is possible these days.

Let us know if you try it - and get it to work.

Yeah you can do it. I have OS X 10.5.2 on my PC and it runs just like it does on a Mac. All my hardware works, except my video card, the drivers that people make just don't wanna work for me but it works fine for others (I get no hardware acceleration). It installs just like a regular operating system after you patch the DVD.

So, go out and buy it, patch it with some files that can be found online, and install it.

It is against Apple's EULA to install their operating system on non-Apple hardware, but its nice to experiment with it.

Here are my system specs:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Duel Core Processor 4600+
2.41 GHz
2GB of Ram
250GB Hard Drive
80GB Hard Drive
Windows XP Home
Nvidia GeForce 7600 GT 256 MB PCI-E (2 DVI)
SoundBlaster Audigy SE Sound Card

Now I should be able to dual boot between the newer version of Mac OS and windows XP correct? The reason is because there is a 3D software that I use for doing animations and stuff but I believe its not Mac OS compatible. And am I going to have problems loading drivers for the hardware under the MacOS system?

2.41 GHz
2GB of Ram
250GB Hard Drive
80GB Hard Drive
Windows XP Home

Now I should be able to dual boot between the newer version of Mac OS and windows XP correct? The reason is because there is a 3D software that I use for doing animations and stuff but I believe its not Mac OS compatible. And am I going to have problems loading drivers for the hardware under the MacOS system?

Nope, all your hardware is perfectly compatable, except maybe your sound card, we'll have to look into that. PM me for more info.

2.41 GHz
2GB of Ram
250GB Hard Drive
80GB Hard Drive
Windows XP Home

The fact that you have an AMD processor is a problem. The motherboard is also the biggest factor in OS X compatibility.

Back
Top Bottom