Xbox 360 on 19" LCD Monitor?

Will1

In Runtime
Hey cf,

I am planning on getting an Xbox 360 next week and am wondering if anyone has hooked one up to their LCD monitor?

I currently have 2 Samsung Syncmaster 931c's (not widescreen :( ), so i am going to use one of those. I will have to use the Xbox vga adapter of course.

Just wondering if anyone has used a similar setup and what the results were like. In any case i am most likely going to save for a TV/Widescreen monitor to play 360 on in the near future.

Thanks

Can't help you with your question, but how much are the xbox to VGA adapters and where do you get them?

Yep, I run my Xbox 360 from a 20 inch Widescreen monitor all the time.

All you need is one of those VGA cables for it which you can find rather cheaply. (I got mine for around £10).

The Xbox 360 doesn't natively support monitors resolutions though, so for example with mine, there is no setting for 1680x1050, which is a 9:10 aspect ratio no TV has. So running it at the resolution I do, theres around 30 pixels of stretching, but it doesn't bother me really. Just, you'll most likely, I never see a real circle shape, but a slightly stretched one.

Most resolutions are supported though. Its just 16:10 monitors that don't have any support, though still works perfectly well.

Since your monitor is 4:3, it'll support resolutions like 1280x1024 fine

I've been running my 360 at 1280x1024 native on a 17" CRT monitor and it looks great, well worth it and much better than standard def.

I'm not too bothered about widescreen seeing as I don't own a widescreen TV anyway. It looks absolutely fine in 4:3 so there's really nothing to worry about.

Back
Top Bottom