Onboard usb prob

microcompiter

Baseband Member
I have a biostar motherboard, it has 4 usb port onboard.
2 of the usb port doesn't work. i checked in device manager for yellow exclamation point but nothing.
can someone explain to me what is happening, or what i should do?

If the USB drivers are correctly installed and it shows that USB controllers are functioning properly in Device Manager, then it could possibly be just a couple of bad ports. That's not uncommon to happen.

Is this a new board or one you've had for a while? When did you first notice them not working?

Hmm....thats odd that two of them wouldn't be working. You said they are onboard right? Not one of those slot adapters that connects to the motherboard?

If you have tried known good working devices in those ports and none were recognized, you could try contacting the manufacturer or the place you purchased the board from with your problem. They may suggest an RMA for a replacement motherboard.

They should all be enabled since the two others work. I'm still leaning to it being messed up ports.

These are the four ports on the back panel of the motherboard correct?

I have a Biostar board. Go in the bios and look for the usb controls. Mine came with just two of the back ports turned on.

Back
Top Bottom