so mods can change ya sigs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea i guess he abused his powers, but no harm was intended, and i mean he only changed a sig, seriously, its not a big deal. ant was being rude about chris, he got annoyed and changed it. thats all. everything is sorted now

Its not even that funny, it was stupid IMO, abusing mod powers, you should be setting an example as a mod. Saying something like that would get anyone else a ban.

Its not even that funny, it was stupid IMO, abusing mod powers, you should be setting an example as a mod. Saying something like that would get anyone else a ban.

I changed a negative comment into a non negative comment... I did this instead of banning antdemo, giving a second chance but knowing that demeaning members in sigs and / or posts is not acceptable here. Antdemo had the ability to change his sig back to something non offensive at any time. This was not just a personal issue, I would have taken the same action if a member had been attacking another forum on here (I would be more likely to ban them however, due to the lack of conflict of interest)

I changed a negative comment into a non negative comment... I did this instead of banning antdemo, giving a second chance but knowing that demeaning members in sigs and / or posts is not acceptable here. Antdemo had the ability to change his sig back to something non offensive at any time. This was not just a personal issue, I would have taken the same action if a member had been attacking another forum on here (I would be more likely to ban them however, due to the lack of conflict of interest)

if you take a look at mark thorpes comment,

Mark Thorpe said:
yes. and i just have.

keep homophobic comments off of here.

not exactly appropriate having comments like that on here is it.
Mark Thorpe said:
soon to be a month if he doesnt cut it out.

if you do not like chris you do not have to talk to him. but having the first thing you say as a homophobic comment is not exactly the right way to come back.

he obviously thought that the comment made was childish and offensive, infact he thought that so much he removed the sig, now do you think a mod should change someones sig to something that another mod considers offensive and homophobic ? and quiet nearly bannable ?

if you take a look at mark thorpes comment,

he obviously thought that the comment made was childish and offensive, infact he thought that so much he removed the sig, now do you think a mod should change someones sig to something that another mod considers offensive and homophobic ? and quiet nearly bannable ?

If I am correct, Mark was the one who banned him to begin with. If Mark didn't notice that change before the ban, then I can see how he would make that mistake and assume that Antdemo did it. I obviously cannot speak for Mark on that, so he'll just have to confirm it, or set it strait.

Honestly though, I don't see why all of you are getting so upset. I'm not saying what Chris did was the right thing to do, but if anyone really has the right to be mad it is Antdemo and only Antdemo.

no its not it should be our members getting mad as its our mod that broke the rules maybe i was out of line on the demotion but i definately think admitting he was wrong would be a start

i can see the funny side to it which made me laugh, not the end of the world. just likes roots little adventure chris has now had one. why dont everyone go into the hardware and software part and do something constructive :D

edit: it was mr mixx not root my bad

Ok wow wtf
well ok changing the sig wasnt the smartest move by DJ-Chris but oh well we all make mistakes
Then a bit of a misunderstanding took place with another mod but im sure its all cleaned up now no harm done
I dont think an all out witchunt is in order here however he made a mistake im sure weve all made them before yet some people are suggesting he should be de modded or he is abusing his power

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom