How-To Burn Software...

religion2386

In Runtime
I have some freeware software and I work on computers quite abit. What software do I need to use to burn the program to a disc, so I can free up my flash drive? Right now my freeware software is on my flash drive and I just want them on a disc for easy access and better storage....

Thanks

If you have XP, just use the built in burning software. Just pop a CD into your drive. Right click the file(s) you want to burn, select send to, and then your drive. You will get a pop-up saying it's ready to burn files to a CD. Click on it and follow the instructions. I believe that Vista has the same capabilities.

Otherwise, programs like Nero or Roxio will do the job.

So say I want to burn Roxio... (My Computer > C: Drive > Program Files > Roxio...Could I just drag the whole folder to Nero or w/e and burn it to CD like that?

Then pop that CD in another computer when it gets done burning and put Roxio on that computer?

Is that the correct process?

Yup. You would just start up Nero Burning ROM, a window will open asking what type of CD you want to make, select CDROM(ISO), click the New button. In the next window, you will locate your files in the right pane and then drag an drop them into the right pane. When you're done, click th burn button at the top and off you go.

You can't burn an installed program directly from your computer and then copy it to another machine. You can only copy the installation files/folder in order to install the program to another computer.

very few programs will allow you to take them from the program files folder but not many,

you need the orignal .exe files to install

you can burn a cd-burning software to a re-write disc and run it off that, but if you only have one cd-rom drive...it might conflict.

you can try to do it... dunno, i will have to test out this senerio.

Back
Top Bottom