My new samsung monitor flickers while playing video in WMP11

OTSS

In Runtime
Well title says it all. The monitor flickers straight down the middle only when I play a video in WMP11. I use WMP classic when I play videos from my computer and it doesn't happen but if I used WMP11 it flickers and when I watch videos from websites it flickers when I use the WMP11 plugin. Anyone have similar problems or resolutions to this one? my screen resolution is set to 1920x1200 and my specs are in my sig.

Only lets me chooses between 59Hz and 60Hz. It is a Samsung 245B. I donno if I can turn it up any higher it won't let me in the pull down menu. Unless there is some sort of update that allows me too but I don't think that is even possible is it. Can't it only be built in?

Chances are you can't. You can have Windows show unsupported refresh rates and try them, but they probably won't work.

tried that and still never added any additional refresh rates.

Also besides that is there a way to get more than 60FPS or does 60Hz mean 60FPS max in games? I don't notice a difference really from CRT frames per second and LCD frames per second. I get 60FPS on max settings in UT3 and can't tell the difference. Is there a way to get more frames per second? Does it matter? What are everyones thoughts on LCD monitor and first person shooters? Also can anyone figure out why my monitor flickers in the middle when I watch a video? Doesn't seem to be from refresh rate because problem only happens in WMP11

60 hertz will be 60 FPS, you won't see any more unless your monitor supports a higher refresh rate.

A high-end CRT will be better than a LCD for gaming, but those aren't so easily found any more. Sony used to make a really nice one that would to almost 200 hertz I think, not entirely sure on that though. Any modern widescreen LCD will be fine with a response time of under 8 MS. Widescreen is something CRT's can't do that gives you a wider field of view.

So is there anything else I can do?. Is there a different plugin for WMP11? maybe a software update or should I just stay away from WMP11?

Back
Top Bottom